About Family Optical Centre
We Really Do Care For Your Eyes.
More than 50 years of excellence and commitment to eye care is what separates Family Optical Centre from other eye care providers. Our doctors are the finest and we offer only the best and most popular frames and contact lenses. Visit either of our two Rockford-area locations and see first-hand how We Really Do Care for Your Eyes.
You might not know if you are in need of eye care. So start with regular check-ups as they are essential to preserving your vision. Although symptoms such as flashing lights, sensitivity or redness may indicate the presence of a serious vision disorder, other vision problems have no warning signs at all and can hinder your sight. Annual eye examinations can detect such problems early on and proper treatment can prevent further loss of vision.
One of the Most
Progressive Medical Optometry Practices
Specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disease for patients of all ages, Family Optical Centre offers a full range of careful and professional eye care services including:
- Comprehensive eye examinations for adults and children as well as sports vision diagnosis and therapy.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and retinal photography designed to detect diseases and vision disorders.
- LASIK evaluations, along with pre- and post-operative care.
- A wide selection of eyewear, clear and photochromic lenses, sunglasses and safety glasses. Plus experienced opticians to assist you in selecting eyewear that fit your face, and ensure that your lenses are properly positioned.
- Contact lenses prescribed to correct a variety of vision problems.
Dr. Thomas J. Ferrara began seeing patients in Belvidere, IL as in independent Optometrist in 1964.
In 1972, he moved to downtown Belvidere. It was from this location that Dr. Ferrara and Family Optical Centre, Inc. (officially established in 1981) This location in Belvidere has now developed into the community’s only private practice office of optometry in Belvidere since the mid 1990’s.
Since 1981, the practice continued to expand… this time opening an office in Rockford. As the Rockford area grew, Dr. Ferrara expanded yet again by opening an eye wear boutique and professional office inside the Schnucks Supermarket on East State Street.
In the mid 1990’s Dr. Ferrara began accepting associates into his practice. Family Optical Centre, Inc. is now one of the most progressive medical optometry practices specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disease for patients of all ages.
Dr. Ferrara retired from seeing patients in 2005 and passed away in early 2016 after a very happy and successful life.